Thread: Rasheed Wallace
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2004, 11:31 PM   #70
mavs_afroman

mavs_afroman is on a distinguished road
Default RE:Rasheed Wallace

Quote:
Originally posted by: V
Pablo (Eugene, OR): i'm a little disappointed with the way everyone jumped on Rasheed Wallace's case after he said what was on his mind. Is the NBA somehow different than the Democratic society we live in? I found absolutely nothing offensive in what he said. He didn't even criticize Stern. So there is no argument there. And it is true that there are people (other than the players) who are making far more money off the game of basketball than Rasheed Wallace. So, aside from the use of offensive language, i support Wallace all the way and have begun to question the authoritarian response of the NBA community.

David Aldridge: You can't just throw the language aside, Pablo. That's the whole point. Words have meaning and power. I think I know the point Rasheed was trying to make, but in choosing to use those vitriolic words, he submerged the argument.
Whether or not someone found it offensive, it was incredibly stupid. I mean REALLY stupid. Yes he was honest. But his honest statements show that he is as ungrateful malcontent with little understanding of democracy or business.