View Single Post
Old 06-13-2019, 01:00 AM   #832
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Let's not pretend the Warriors minus Durant would literally be the Warriors minus Durant. They would have utilized the 30M cap space differently and be very competitive, and probably still on top. Not sure who, but someone on the Ringer said it best. Warriors didn't need Durant to win the titles in recent years, but it sure made them invincible.

I do indeed think the league has to solve that problem (my suggestions: name it the "Durant" rule), but that doesn't mean KD cannot be held accountable morally. There would have been tons of ways to get away from Westbrook and to a better situation, but he chose to join what already was the best team. He is the first true Nazgûl and many will follow.

I'm just glad this finally started to backfire in the ratings. I've been speculating that the lack of competitive balance will hurt the league and the first indications of that being true are out there.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote