View Single Post
Old 12-03-2019, 06:49 PM   #85
turin
Diamond Member

turin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobay View Post
Erica - you're awesome at getting stats!

eyeball test tells me Barnes is better equipped physically to matchup with powerful wings. haven't watched enough to comment on whether or not Jackson has drawn any such assignments when he's played.

offensively, it's hard to know whether it's just a matter of Jackson earning more trust because as you say (and show) he's producing when given the chance. In that sense, Jack's question is valid too - maybe there's a reason why he's playing limited minutes. Maybe Rick is just that good at only playing him in favorable matchups where he can be successful and he's not good enough/doesn't contribute enough to play through times when his shot isn't falling, etc.
I think Barnes is more talented, but that was offset by the offensive black hole that he became. Would that have changed? One could only pray so if we still had him and that contract. Personally, I'm happy he moved on. Additionally, I didn't care for his play in crunch time. He really hurt the warriors at times, and I think his play was a major factor in the Warriors losing one finals series. Still, great guy, consummate professional, and I wish him the best with ANOTHER team.
turin is offline   Reply With Quote