View Single Post
Old 09-20-2004, 10:20 AM   #18
endtroducing
Golden Member

endtroducing is on a distinguished road
Default RE:attempt at getting Donyell Marshall

I understand what you're saying, but what has Howard done that has outclassed a guy like Raja Bell? nothing too much...they're both defensive minded players with little offensive game. Dallas can stand to lose him...especially with our added defensive presence in Terry, Dampier and even Daniels (who will, mark my words, step it up on D this year). Marshall could get plenty of minutes here, backing up Finley (if Nellie wants), and of course playing behind Dirk. when there's tired legs on the floor, Marshall can step in and hit a three or a midrange jumper and grab some boards. and hey, even if he isn't 'thrilled,' remind him that he's been playing in Toronto and Chicago and that he's only got a year on his contract. he won't be a problem. and don't forget the fact that Nellie has coached players exactly like Marshall for years...

Bradley and Howard leaving doesn't disrupt our team all that much...neither played very significant minutes. Stackhouse is here, and he's basically Howard that can play offense (and maybe not rebound as well, but Howard's boards would go down with Dampier here anyways). and Henderson won't be on our IR anytime soon, I am afraid...he's ready to go this season.

and Booth 'not even close' to Bradley's blocks? look at his numbers. Bradley will rot on our bench and he's expendable, regardless of how good he may be...if he doesn't play, it doesn't matter.