View Single Post
Old 04-09-2016, 01:25 PM   #68
BigDog63

BigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
The big issue is that you don't know what Dwight Howard you're going to get on a nightly basis. That is my biggest concern. Look at this his last three games. He was awful versus OKC, great vs Dallas, then pretty awful vs Phoenix minus the blocks. Yes, Houston is a disaster, but that guy should be nutting up and getting them into the playoffs. You can only blame other issues to a certain point before you need to take responsibility and make it happen.
I follow the Rockets pretty closely, and am good friends with a life long fan there. While he, like most Rockets fans, wants Howard gone, he also freely says that Dwight isn't the problem, either. Harden is the star of that team, and their leader, and he sucks as a leader, setting bad examples, and the team follows him. Before last year, Dwight was the team leader, in fact about the only 1 I saw really playing hard in the series they lost to Portland. The Mavs need him to do the things he is still pretty good at...defense and rebounding. Carlisle's best strength is figuring out what players are good at, and having them do that. With all the vets on this team, Howard won't have to be the leader. I don't really think he'll have an issue with Carlisle, or visa versa.

As for Parson's...I don't really see why we wouldn't want to keep him. Injuries would be the only one. He was playing really really well before the meniscus tear. About 20 ppg, good rebounds and assists. Just what we were hoping for when we signed him in the first place. He seems to be a good fit here, and you have the usual 'if not him, then who?' question if he doesn't come back. Yes, maybe some others out there, at likely less money, but would they be as good, and can we afford to keep recycling everyone?

Last edited by BigDog63; 04-09-2016 at 01:28 PM.
BigDog63 is offline   Reply With Quote