View Single Post
Old 04-09-2016, 02:28 PM   #75
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

While I do think franchise stability influences on free agents, I think a few things weigh significantly higher (judge for yourself whether these are pluses or negatives on the Mavs):
  • Current roster composition/star power (stars win in the NBA)
  • Money
  • Last two years/next two years (where has the team been very recently and what are the immediate prospects for success)

I still say that I'd be happy if we brought just about everyone back and simply replaced Zaza with Dwight. I think, if reasonably healthy, that's a top four team instead of a borderline playoff team in the West. And considering where we've been over the past few years, that's incremental progress and hopefully a launching pad for adding more high-quality free agents in the near future.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote