View Single Post
Old 10-19-2007, 01:26 PM   #9
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

So now that I can tell that people are actually somewhat interested, I can give the full story.

I passed him as I was walking to get lunch at the airport. I decided if he was still at his gate when i left the restaurant, I'd walk up and introduce myself.

So he was, and I walked up to him. Told him I recognized him, told him i was a huge fan of his growing up - of course mentioned the '92 game (which i'm sure he's never heard before, right?). I actually sat down 2 seats away from him and asked him what he was up to these days (I said I last saw that he was trying to bid to buy the grizzlies). He said he was really heavily involved in business ventures and real estate, and actually said that the grizzlies thing was still a possibility (he was actually wearing a grizzlies shirt). Not to overstay my welcome, I got up, said it was nice to meet him, shook his hand, and went on my way.

i probably blurted all that stuff out cause I was pretty nervous.

he was actually really nice and seemed gracious. Wonder if he was flattered that someone recognized him.

Then i also told him that I had figures of him on my desk at work:

(couldn't find a pic of my t-wolves one)

just kidding, I didn't tell him that.