View Single Post
Old 11-17-2009, 12:01 AM   #45
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgfan View Post
I love that the Mavs won, but seriously, have you ever seen a team that seems to play so bad so often, and somehow wins the game? I mean, we continue to miss laypups, point blank jumpers(JET, who used to be money on these 12 footers), and allow the opponents to drive the lane with impunity.

And what was with all the standing around while the player with the ball dribbles the shot clock away in the 4th qtr and OT? Nobody was setting picks or cutting to the goal. I hate those isolation plays, with the possible exception of Dirk, who can actually make something good happen.
Playing poorly and still winning is exactly what championship teams (or 67-win teams that lose in the first round) do. It is absolutely impossible to play well for anywhere near 82 games. What makes a team really good is winning most of the time when it plays well and winning some of the time when it plays poorly.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls

Last edited by LonghornDub; 11-17-2009 at 12:01 AM.
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote