View Single Post
Old 06-20-2014, 03:10 PM   #119
hayth.james.g
Golden Member

hayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant future

In regards to Monroe, I am kinda in between Spreedom and EricaLubarsky. I feel like 7-8 mill a year is a low ball range to expect a player with Monroe's skill set AND ceiling.. I'm not quite optimistic enough about his long term potential to think hes worth going as deep as 15 mill, but I do think somewhere in the middle would be a nice number. Do I think it would be enough? Probably not, as I think someone is going to give him somewhere in the amount of 13-15 mill a year. I could probably live with a 4/44 contract if the Mavs handed it out. Is he worth that right now? Debatable, but I think that his potential as a 18+ ppg, 10 rbpg, 4-6 apg threat could be enough. The real question mark is how much room to grow does he have on the defense end?

EDIT: Also I probably shouldn't waste to much of my time even talking about Monroe. Something tells me hes probably not even on the Mavs radar. I think there is a much more likely case to be made for Chandler, Okafor, Sanders (kill me now), and perhaps even Hibbert. "Defensive anchor" is what any team with Dirk on it needs, and I just don't think the Mavs are going to move away from that until Dirk retires.

Last edited by hayth.james.g; 06-20-2014 at 03:12 PM.
hayth.james.g is offline   Reply With Quote