View Single Post
Old 08-03-2017, 10:22 AM   #849
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Yea, he's not very athletic as far as jumping and agility goes, but it appears that he is plenty quick enough and has quick hands and good anticipation which is why he excels on defense. I just wish he could tighten up his dribbles to the point where he can get more places off the dribble and open up options for himself and everyone else. Since it appears he can't do that, it puts a lot of pressure on him to be a dead eye shooter.

Blaming a guards shortcomings on other guard play is hard for me to fully buy into.
I think it will be up to RC to get Wes into his comfort zone. That was difficult with our PGs last season but it should be much easier for RC to make that happen now with a skilled playmaking PG.
Last season Wes seemed to take on a role that wasn't conducive to his skillsets but now that we have a primary ball handler and true lane penetrator he can become more of that 3-D guy that we need.
I'm hoping Rick will put Wes back to SG because I think DSJ/Wes will be a better backcourt than DSJ/Curry.

I'd love to see Curry embrace and excel in that JET/NVE/Stack/VC sixth man role that has been vital for us for years.

Last edited by rimrocker; 08-03-2017 at 10:27 AM.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote