View Single Post
Old 11-14-2004, 11:07 PM   #29
endtroducing
Golden Member

endtroducing is on a distinguished road
Default RE:jasonterryneedstostart

Quote:
Originally posted by: The Miles
I totally disagree and am upset about the way Nellie has been using his PGs. Harris was really good in the 3rd quarter today and gets pulled for no reason. Soon after the Mavs find themselves back in a close game due to the fact that the defense drops when Harris out.

But if Nellie is not going to give Devin 30 mpg he might as well stop toying with Devin and bring him off the bench. Terry drives me crazy when he is out there but Nellie seems to like him so make the switch. Somehow they have to give Devin a real role other than being the host of the party before giving way to the entertainment.

For the confidence of our 2nd most talented player, which Devin is, we should bring him off the bench and have him matchup against opposing backup PGs. Not that I agree, I think Devin should be getting 30 mins per game he has done well in his minutes and has no freedom to do what a starting PG should be able to do, but Nellie has his weird ways.
Jason Terry is better than Devin Harris. JT won a national title, won player of the year, and was MVP of the Final Four. he's been a consistant 15 ppg+ player his whole career. he has been in top 10 in assists before. he's the most durable player in the entire league. Harris is none of this. he could be, one day, but right now...he's not. and he doesn't deserve the start over a guy like Terry. Harris is maybe the 5th or 6th most talented player on the team.

you're not arguing that he's better, are you?