View Single Post
Old 09-29-2008, 09:06 PM   #23
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg_veteran
Actually, I think those that opposed this bill showed quite a bit of backbone. They faced tremendous pressure from party leaders and from the White House to act, but they showed courage and actually represented their constituencies -- what a novel concept!

As for whether the cause is in error, I think you're begging the question there.

As for whether those in favor of the bailout plan were vocal about their desire, I can only say that if they weren't they have only themselves to blame.
it did not take much "backbone" to vote no, to do nothing is much easier than doing something. the vote that won today was to do nothing.

again, are they doing a good job of representing their constituents if their votes prove to be on the wrong side of the issue?

no, not at all.
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote