View Single Post
Old 11-17-2009, 09:13 AM   #43
muzak

muzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan View Post
i posted this in the pistons thread but it belongs in this thread more so ill just copy and paste it here.

Everyone seems to be of the notion that the reasoning for carlisle's choices are A) play roddy more minutes and have him develop but have the team be worse or B) play roddy less minutes and have the team be better but have roddy not develop. I propose option C as a possibility. Its entirely possible that Carlisle is slowly increasing Roddy's minutes because he believes it a better way to develop roddy than feeding him minutes hes not ready for. Confidence is an important thing, especially to a young player. Right now as a spot player, Roddy is a guy that receives very little advance scouting and no game planning. That coupled with his immense physical tools leads to him being placed in very good situations to succeed. That success can lead to improved confidence and limits his negative experiences. Im not proposing that this is the only possible scenario, simply stating that it is possible that Carlisle feels that playing roddy limited minutes is actually better for his development than spoon feeding him a ton of minutes.

And to be clear, as a fan id love to see roddy play 30 minutes a night. Aside from dirk and marion, theres no one on this team i enjoy watching more.
Why does either option have to lend itself to Robeau ultimately hurting the team? That's what I don't get. I haven't seen anything out there that would make me believe he makes any worse decisions, than say, JJB.
muzak is offline   Reply With Quote