View Single Post
Old 05-29-2003, 10:00 AM   #98
ariosto

ariosto is on a distinguished road

<< For those that are hesitant or flat out don't like the idea of adding Malone, are you willing to wait all summer for an answer from PJ Brown? From my understanding, he's going to take his time deciding on what to do and the Hornets are his first option.

Say we talk to PJ first and he shows interest but talks with 5 other teams and asks for a month or so to make his decision.

Then we talk to Malone a few days later and he wants to play for Dallas, he'll play for the MLE, do you hold him off cause we'd rather have Brown or do you sign him?

I know what I would do, but I get the feeling some would rather wait the summer out to get our guy. I don't think that worked for us last summer.
>>

I totally agree. I really don't want to take our chances this summer. I remember a lot of talk about Cuban liking to wait because he thought the best deals would come once everyone else had played their hands and spent their money. But last year that strategy was a disaster. We need to add one of these guys this summer, so if Karl is willing and PJ is coy, I'd take Karl right away. I'd take PJ right away too if Karl is taking his time considering Utah or LA.