View Single Post
Old 07-26-2013, 11:02 AM   #12
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
I think it's supposed to act as more of a bridge between Man of Steel and Justice League, but I agree that they should have given Superman a proper sequel first.
Well, I know you didn't like it, but I would have just gone the Marvel route and make those stand alone films. Outside of Hulk, those movies were good and did a nice job of adding depth and made that Avengers movie better.

I wanted to see a stand-alone sequel to "Man of Steel" to further explore Superman's character in this new cinematic version, before seeing any of the other DC heroes come into play.

Now we'll never truly be able to measure the success of this new Superman franchise, because we've only been given the one stand-alone movie. Even if this next movie is truly a sequel to "Man of Steel" (with Batman as a support character), the film's (likely) financial success will always be attributed to the inclusion of Batman.

If it's supposed to be a Superman sequel, why tease a storyline that makes Batman appear to be the dominant figure?

This as a sequel: bad idea
This as a stand alone that works toward the JL movie: good idea, but the timing isn't very good.