View Single Post
Old 01-03-2005, 06:01 PM   #17
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Cowboys offseason Thread

Quote:
As for an additional running back, I believe I heard Parcells say they do need another back, but that he wants it to be "an elusive guy." Perhaps Rashard Lee could fill the "power back" role.
The way I heard it was that he would like to have a bigger guy to contrast Julius, but if he could only have one good back, he'd take the elusive guy.

I envision a TJ Duckett/Warwick Dunn type backfield.

Quote:
I would tend to see receiver as being an all-or-nothing kind of thing. If they could get a Mike Williams or a Braylon Edwards, great. But if not, then maybe they go to battle with Keyshawn, Glenn, Morgan, and Crayton?
I wouldn’t even select Williams in the 1st round. I think he’ll be good but he’s in the Keyshawn mold of a big possession receiver. I just see Edwards as a game breaker ala Randy Moss …that is “if he’s one on one, just throw it up and he’ll go get it”. Just look at what Lee Evans did for Buffalo’s offense. You put Julius’s speed in the backfield with a WR who can stretch the field like Edwards and a tight end like Whitten working the middle and just maybe we could score 20 on a consistent basis…. that’s not even considering the red zone possibilities…think back to the game tying catch against Michigan State?

Quote:
You wouldn't think they would package picks to move up to take a guy, but I guess you can't rule it out. Those two first-rounders give them some flexibility.
The way Jerry was talking a couple of week ago, I think it’s more likely that they use the 2nd pick to trade down again. Can’t say that I agree with that, but I guess it depends on whose on the board.