View Single Post
Old 12-15-2007, 08:00 AM   #84
Dr.Zoidberg
Diamond Member

Dr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant future

From Sports Illustrated:
Quote:
3. What's up with MVP Dirk Nowitzki this season? He doesn't look like the same player, and now Josh Howard seems to be emerging as the Mavs' focal point on offense. What are your thoughts on how Dirk has responded after struggling in the playoffs last season?
-- John Gordon of New Mexico

Everyone saw how Golden State succeeded in limiting Nowitzki in the first round of the playoffs last season, and now defenses are turning him into a passer. He's trying to do the right thing -- his 3.8 assists per game are a career high -- but his teammates haven't figured how how to swing the ball back around to him, and on top of that he's shooting a nine-year low of 29.5 percent from the three-point line. There isn't an opponent that wouldn't prefer to see Howard (22.2 ppg) outscoring Nowitzki (21.4), which is why the Mavs are third in the Southwest at 14-9.

Coach Avery Johnson learned from San Antonio that it's OK to lose a few games early while learning how to win the bigger games later. But what if this group can't adapt?

"Jason Kidd could be the missing piece for them,'' said a scout who has been following the Mavericks. "They don't have a true point guard. When they can't get into offense they take a lot of bad shots, which surprises me with Johnson as their coach. But if you look at their shot chart or their selection for a game, it's not impressive.

"Kidd would push them and they would have to worry about nothing but getting down the floor. They'd get all the easy baskets they need and they wouldn't have to be so structured in the half-court. Kidd isn't a good shooter in the half-court, but he hits big shots.''

Dallas is deep enough to assemble a deal for Kidd, who has let it be known that he wouldn't mind returning there.

"The Mavs should be thinking hard about giving up anybody but Nowitzki or Josh Howard in a trade for Kidd,'' the scout said. "And maybe they shouldn't be opposed to putting Howard in the package.''

Link
Kidd is very good and I would like him here, but I never would trade Josh for Kidd. LOL.

"Talk to the claw."

"They're getting 15, 16 assists some games. I dream about getting 15 assists. It's just not possible with the team I'm on." - Devin Harris about top-notch point guards and him playing with the Mavs

"For me, it’s like a kid in a candy store." - Jason Kidd on playing with the Mavs
Dr.Zoidberg is offline   Reply With Quote