View Single Post
Old 11-10-2007, 09:54 PM   #116
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by untitled
It is a seasonal brew, and it's an American IPA. You mentioned that you had their Anniversary Ale, which isn't all that different, really. Celebration just seems a bit more flavorful - more hops and a slightly heavier malt profile. I'd say it's similar to St. Arnold's Elissa IPA and Victory's HopDevil.
Thanks. I just knocked one of these babies down. It did feel a bit different from the Anniversary Ale to me. As you say, more flavor. Feels almost like a hugely hopped up lambic. Lots of berry flavors. Also extraordinarily carbonated. Did I mention hops?

Great brew. Thanks for the recommendation, guys. Luckily, I get to "celebrate" five more times!
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote