View Single Post
Old 03-17-2004, 10:28 AM   #48
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Good Charlotte?, for Jamison it would be

Quote:
Originally posted by: OutletPass
Originally posted by Dalm202:
Quote:
Now, since the Shaq thing wasn't your "idea", what is your "idea" that would improve the Mavs in the offseason (whether they win it all this year, or go out in the first round).
......<clip for space>....................

When I look at trade idea, the first person that I look at is Walker...chifly because of his expiring contract. Then I look to teams that may want to "blow themselves up" and start over with a lot of capspace. My thoughts tend to make me look at Orlando, Washington, and the Bulls first. Each team is stuck with a bad contract or two (Chicago has Antonio Davis and Jerome Williams, Washington has Stackhouse, and Orlando isn't getting anywhere with T-Mac and are stuck with Juwan Howard.). You might be able to add GS to that list...and it's no secret that NJ might want to deal K-Mart and Philly wants to unload Big Dog and, possibly AI. Miami, I think would still like to get rid of Jones' and Grant's contracts. New Orleans doesn't need to blow up, but after two years in New Orleans, they're having big attendance problems, so you never know. And as I've mentioned, the Lakers situation is one that you have to watch...anything could happen out there. So, that's the list of "suspects, in more or less, descending order.

A couple of interesting situations might facilitate a 3 way trade...and broaden our list of potential trading partners to those teams who might not need a PF like Walker, but who would be interested in a 2...like T-Mac or AI. Since their contracts are similar to Walker's in size, we could get into a 3 way with someone using either one of them. A lot of these teams have no playoff ambitions, but some of them do...and I think that their 'sense of urgency" is going to be determined by how they do in the playoffs. So, for right now, I'm going to reserve judgment on what trades might be likely.

It's fairly apparent that if we want a young big man (Curry, Kwame, Haywood or someone along those lines) that we'll have to take an ugly contract of their hands in order to get a deal done. KG has made a very good case to me in some PM's for signing TAG to the MLE...and then getting K-Mart from NJ. And that's one that I like a lot. In fact, after resigning Nash, I think that trying to get Tag is pretty important. Then if you want to add K-Mart or a young, big man, you have some flexibility.

Deals for Antonio Davis and Curry could be done. Same applies to Stackhouse and Haywood or Kwame. I like the first a lot better than the second. But I like the K-Mart deal the best, though we might have to swallow Mourning's contract. Isee those 3 trades as the most likely targets.

I'm definitely not for trading Nash, so I won't even go into that...and, honestly, Phoenix is not going to give up Amere and Chicago is not going to give up Hinrich (though they might part with Crawford..A Walker for JYD< Curry, and Crawford also works under the CBA)....I wouldn't mind dampier, but I see a sign and trade as being pretty difficult. So, I'm going to retreat back into what I've said before...

I enjoy throwing trade ideas around...but I think that some very unexpected, crazy things could come up this year. Let's see how the playoffs go...and see who wants to blow themselves up for cap space...then we'll all havea little more basis behind our speculation...

......<clip>..........
I love the speculation. I am with you on the Nash deal, just keep him.

I see a need for 2 Big men. One from the Bangers dept, Tag, Dampier, Big Z, Curry, etc.
and the second from the Quick, Athletic type: Camby, Rasheed or Ben Wallace, Chris Bosh, Anderson/Gadzurich, maybe KMart can fill this role.
I also see a need for a high % 3 pt shooter who can run the O when Nash is taking a break. NVE?, Brent/Jon Barry, or in a great world Michael Redd.

If you make the Jamison deal, and have the #4, do you take the Big 7'5" Russian or another Big project for the future, or do you package it to somewhere?

Jamison to the Bobcats for the #4.
Walker to NJ for Martin and Zo.
Max Nash and Martin ? ?
Resign Daniels
Sign Tag for the MLE
Let Williams, Best go
Deal Delk, & #2 round to either Denver or Seattle in a "sign and trade" for one of the Barry's, preferably Brent?
Use the #4 pick on one of the Big 7 foot projects, preferably the big Russian?

5) Tag, Bradley, Rookie Project, Martin
4) Nowitzki, Martin, Najera, Fortson
3) Martin, Howard, Nowitzki
2) Finley, Daniels, Barry
1) Nash, Barry, Daniels

IR: Zo, TAW, Steppheson

Sounds like a plan to me. One that would have a very good chance of winning it all.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote