View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012, 05:25 PM   #17
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by helmsclam View Post
summary of the interview...somebody may translate...my english isn't that good...

http://de.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/n...124840228.html

Frankfurt/Main (dpa) - Gut erholt, gut gelaunt und in guter körperlicher Verfassung - für Dirk Nowitzki kann die neue NBA-Saison kommen.

«Nach drei Wochen Einzeltraining fühle ich mich schon wieder richtig fit und freue mich, dass es bald drüben losgeht», sagte Nowitzki mit Blick auf die Ende Oktober beginnende Spielzeit in der nordamerikanischen Basketball-Profiliga. In zwei Wochen startet der 34-Jährige mit den Dallas Mavericks in die Vorbereitung, in der der Grundstein für eine erfolgreiche Runde gelegt werden soll.

Nowitzki und die «Mavs» haben einiges gutzumachen, schließlich verlief die vergangenen Saison für die Texaner enttäuschend. Als Titelverteidiger gestartet, scheiterte Dallas bereits in der ersten Playoff-Runde und schaffte es danach auch nicht, wie geplant einen zweiten Superstar zu verpflichten. «Anfangs war ich da schon sehr frustriert», gestand Nowitzki, der sich mit seiner Frau Jessica Olsson gerade in Kenia befand, als in Dallas ein Transfer nach dem anderen scheiterte.

«Klar, Anfang Juni, als dann auch Deron Williams abgesagt hatte, war es schon eine schwere Phase», sagte Nowitzki. Der Spielmacher von den Brooklyn Nets (ehemals New Jersey Nets) stand ganz oben auf der Wunschliste der Mavericks, entschied sich jedoch gegen einen Wechsel. «Aber dann haben wir uns als Organisation gut erholt und interessante Leute geholt. Da muss man Donnie Nelson und Mark Cuban wieder ein großes Kompliment machen», meinte Nowitzki zufrieden. «Wir haben uns verjüngt, vor allem im Aufbau und auf den Flügeln.»

In Chris Kaman, Darren Collison, Dahntay Jones, Elton Brand und O.J. Mayo holte der NBA-Champion von 2011 fünf Profis aus der zweiten Reihe, die Nowitzki aber dennoch optimistisch in die Zukunft schauen lassen. «Dass ein O.J. Mayo auf der Liste stand, hatte glaube ich keiner auf dem Plan», sagte Nowitzki. Zudem verspricht er sich viel von seinem Nationalmannschafts-Kollegen Kaman. «Chris ist offensiv der beste Center, mit dem ich bislang in Dallas zusammengespielt habe.»

Wohin der Weg der «Mavs» letztendlich führt, bleibt abzuwarten. «In Dallas spielt man immer um den Titel, so einfach ist das», sagte Coach Chris Carlisle. Ganz so weit aus dem Fenster lehnen will sich Nowitzki nicht. «Ich denke, wir haben wieder eine schlagkräftige Mannschaft zusammengestellt, mit der wir die Playoffs erreichen sollten», sagte der Würzburger.

Fest steht für ihn, dass er seine Karriere in Dallas beenden wird. Nur wenn es mit der Meisterschaft bis zum Ende seines Kontraktes 2014 nicht geklappt hätte, «hätte man überlegen können, ob ich danach noch ein bisschen durch die Gegend tingele und gucke, wo ist das beste Team», sagte Nowitzki. Mit der Erfüllung seines Lebenstraums im vergangenen Jahr sind diese Überlegungen ad acta gelegt.

Der Ehrgeiz ist aber geblieben, weshalb er sich mit seinem Privatcoach Holger Geschwindner schon wieder seit rund drei Wochen in den Turnhallen rund um Würzburg quält. «Ich bin fit, habe keine Knieprobleme, und das ist schon einmal die halbe Miete», sagte Nowitzki, der am 6. Oktober mit den neuen «Mavs» in Berlin gastiert. «Das wir das erste Highligt mit einer einzigartigen Atmosphäre.»
Per Google Translate (which is really spotty):

Quote:
After much frustration Nowitzki is hot on new Mavs

Frankfurt / Main (dpa) - Well rested, happy and in good physical condition - for Dirk Nowitzki can get the new NBA season.

"After three weeks of individual training, I feel really fit again and I am glad that it soon goes off over there," Nowitzki said, referring to the end of October, beginning of the season in North American professional basketball league. In two weeks, the 34-year with the Dallas Mavericks start in the preparation, in which the foundations for a successful round is to be placed.

Nowitzki and the Mavs have to make up something, finally, the last season was a disappointment for the Texans. Started as defending champion, Dallas failed in the first playoff round and then managed not to commit to plan a second superstar. "At first I was very frustrated because" confessed Nowitzki, who with his wife Jessica Olsson was just in Kenya, as in Dallas, a transfer after another failed.

"Sure, in early June, when then Deron Williams had canceled, it was a difficult period," said Nowitzki. The playmaker of the Brooklyn Nets (formerly the New Jersey Nets) was high on the wish list of the Mavericks, but decided against a change. "But then we have recovered well as organization and brought interesting people. You have to make Donnie Nelson and Mark Cuban again a great compliment, "Nowitzki said contentedly. "We have rejuvenated us, especially in the building and on the wings."

In Chris Kaman, Darren Collison, Dahntay Jones, Elton Brand and OJ Mayo of the NBA champion from 2011 took five professionals from the second row that can Nowitzki but look optimistically into the future. "The fact that an OJ Mayo was on the list was, I think no one on the schedule," said Nowitzki. He also expects a lot from his national team colleagues Kaman. "Chris is the best offensive center, with whom I had previously played together in Dallas."

Where the path of the "Mavs" ultimately remains to be seen. "In Dallas, we always play for the title, it's that simple," said coach Chris Carlisle. Quite as far out on a limb to do not want Nowitzki. "I think we have put together a strong team, with which we should reach the playoffs," said the Würzburg.

One thing is for him that he will end his career in Dallas. Only if it had missed the championship is not until the end of his contract in 2014, "would think you can, then if I have a bit over the place tingele and watch, where is the best team," said Nowitzki. With the fulfillment of his ambitions in the past year these considerations are shelved.

The ambition has remained, which is why he and his private coach, Holger Geschwindner again tormented for about three weeks in the gyms around Würzburg. "I am fit and have no knee problems, and that is already half the battle," said Nowitzki, on the 6th October guest performance with the new "Mavs" in Berlin. "This was our first Highligt with a unique atmosphere."

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 09-17-2012 at 05:28 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote