View Single Post
Old 11-14-2008, 02:05 PM   #8
pepe

pepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMFFDHT View Post
Sorry, I am a Dirk-fan like most of us here, but why the hell should Portland do this? They are definetely one of the teams with the brightest future in the league. Why trade 2 important pieces of that future away. If the mavs had a team like Portland I'd be happy even if that meant not to reach the playoffs this season.
Potland needs to start planning to sign their own free agents, beetwen 2010-2011, Webster, Outlaw, Roy and Lamarcus will be free agent and if Oden is as good as advertise he will be a year after that, thats a lot of moola, also there is not playing time for these guys along with Fernandez, Batun, Rodriguez and Byless to go around.

I hear Barry in the televised game beetwen Portland and Miami suggesting that Paul Allen is considering a blockbuster deal this year to address that situation

Dirk will be ideal for them, a superstar that will be coming off the books exactly when all these guys need to be signed.

IMO I doubt that they part away with both LA and Rudy but a combination of Outlaw/Webster with Batun/Byless and LA/Rudy will do it for me.
pepe is offline   Reply With Quote