View Single Post
Old 08-11-2005, 11:16 PM   #501
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Cowboys offseason Thread

D2K, I'm with you on the Tivo thing, man. I suspect that you and I are cut from the same cloth.

You're probably right about Newman. Bill doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who is comfortable with two different return guys, but of course we know for a fact that he wasn't willing to risk Newman last year. This will probably depend in large part upon what the other guys do in camp and preseason. If someone could win the job, I expect that Parcells would be happy being comfortable with Newman on the sidelines. But Bill is looking for some punch. I'm certain he'd like to have a guy with a ton of ability in that role, and if Newman is the guy, then he's the one if there is enough depth in the secondary. But if someone like the fourth or fifth receiver (or fourth safety?) steps up in that role, then so be it. At any rate, I do expect him to return one Saturday. Check back here Sunday and we'll see who's right. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I'm not positive about the return rotation, either. But I think that if Thompson is going to make the team, he better do it there. I guess he could do it on kick coverage too, but this seems more natural. Like you, I am anxious to get a look at this blinding speed.

On a side note, I'm almost sad that Bickerstaff has been reduced to an ultimate longshot. I have always liked him.

I have absolutely zero faith in Rogers. In fact, I worry about the team if he is starting. I believe I would rather Noll or Vollers be out there. Until I see something, that is. And of course, that's what preseason is all about.

I dont' worry in the least about Henson. If he figures it out, great. If not, see ya.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote