View Single Post
Old 07-02-2009, 04:32 PM   #76
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
I don't really have a problem with dependence on foreign oil. If we would develop all forms of energy in this country, off-shore, natural gas, coal as well as nuclear this wouldn't be near the problem.
what do you believe is limiting the use of natural gas or coal? if we did drill for oil in the off shore areas, that production would be a very short term supply, and we would be seeking the same level of imports (if not more) than we do today.

not to mention the continued air pollution it makes, and to not change our consumption habits is just acting like an ostrich.

Quote:
You and I just disagree about the effect cafe standards have on automobile companies that do not have expertise in smaller cars. You think it's as easy as just decided to make 'em (I guess) but it's not. If so AMD would be kicking Intels rear end also.
Intel has patents and market leverage, which the auto companies don't have to deal with.

gm makes a very successful small car in europe, as does ford. it really is pretty easy, it's done all the time (just look at chery in china).
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote