View Single Post
Old 12-31-2009, 12:48 PM   #31
quietsavant

quietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
It absolutely boggles my mind that people want to give up Josh Howard for Tracy McGrady.

I mean, I don't care how overrated you think Howard is, please realize that Tracy McGrady is basically worthless right now. He's coming off the worst surgery an NBA player can have. He's never going to be the same player, no player ever has after microfracture. Jason Kidd is the closest thing to a player that completely, fully recovered from the surgery.

Add to that the fact that the Rockets literally just do not want him to play for their team anymore...I mean jeez. How many red flags do you need?

And saying Josh has missed time for wussy injuries and then saying you want McGrady is incredibly bizarre logic.

I would trade Shawn Williams for Tracy McGrady. That's it. There isn't a single other player on this roster I would trade for him, and that includes Tim Thomas.
You couldn't have hit it more on the spot. TMAC is not the player he once was and never will be. I think we are getting infatuated with his name, notoriety and what he used to be. Will he ever be that player again? no one knows for sure. what I do know is that the guy will never be have the defender JHO is right now. Even when he heals. The guy can't strafe enough to play defense. I promise you guys this, I have kept track of his 7 minutes stints, the guy cannot strafe on defense to save his career.

The good Ol days : Click
quietsavant is offline   Reply With Quote