View Single Post
Old 01-02-2024, 05:38 PM   #33
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
I would be inclined to agree except, we are toast already.

I hate to say it, but Kai is a blessing and a curse, for us. He isn't helping our defense or rebounding and he isnt agressive enough. His poise is nice, but when Luka is having the occasional off game, he needs to pick it WAY up. Even if he was able to to that, we still need more balance.
I disagree, very much a salvageable season and perhaps they knew they would be moving to make in-season moves. Not my preference, but here we are...

I also don't agree on Kyrie. I've seen when it works out, but it was always dependent on health, and for the most part, it's been fine on that front. Thanks to Dwight Powell, the entire budding chemistry took a 12-game hit and that was reset. I still have hope that Kyrie will be the #2 option he can be and will eventually be able to let Luka get breathers and take time off.

All that said, it's moot unless the big man rotation improves, and it might take a drastic improvement tbh

Love the idea of Siakam, but not seeing how we get there and concerned about the future given he's a FA and will be needing a big contract to stay. Perhaps there's a play here in trading Kyrie in the offseason and re-signing Siakam, I dunno...
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote