View Single Post
Old 09-13-2005, 06:30 PM   #27
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Ranking the game's best power forwards (Dirk #3)

Quote:
He doesnt touch duncan as a passer? That is one of the biggest misconceptions in the nba. They are pretty damn close. Dirk gets almost the same amount of assist and this year had more.
Actually, until this year, Duncan has always put up better assist numbers, but I think that may partly be because Nash always did all the ball-handling here; our offense didn't flow through Dirk like theirs does Duncan until Nash left. I believe Dirk is actually a very underrated passer, as well as a defender. However, I will say that Duncan has shown flashes of being a great passer, and his assist numbers usually go up in the playoffs, particularly in the 03 playoffs where he put up incredible, CWebb-like assist totals (I think he averaged 5.3 apg in the WCF) Duncan is very good at passing out of a double team, which is something Dirk sometimes has trouble with. On the other hand, Dirk's pass off the dribble is really a thing of remarkable beauty. Duncan and Dirk are about equal passers, and neither of them sniff Garnett in that department.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote