Thread: Now what?
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2022, 04:32 PM   #143
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Yeah I hope not. Last year's 26th pick averaged 10 ppg for Denver. The idea that you just give up and think you need to develop anyone that lands at 26 is just lazy. Bird in hand is worth two in the bush.

No if they get a ready to play guy like Holmes, fine. Just don't squander it because of cap issues.
I was about to respond to you in the other thread, but here will do lol

I think a move such as trading this year's 26th for something next year that could realistically be projected as an earlier pick isn't punting this draft. It would be more about opening up several options and a move that the FO only really does if they don't get the sense the impact type of players will fall to 26. A higher pick in a deeper draft next year could be much more valuable as would the idea we could then be open to trading future draft picks if that move was made. I wouldn't necessarily chalk it up to chasing superstars, more to obtaining flexibility and potentially more value down the line.

It wouldn't break my heart to not pick at 26, I would just need to see the future potential in doing so. Looks like the Mavs FO is doing the same and gauging the market for such a move. Unfortunately, draft night likely brings the most value for a pick so late in the 1st round.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote