Thread: Now what?
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2022, 05:33 PM   #144
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
I was about to respond to you in the other thread, but here will do lol

I think a move such as trading this year's 26th for something next year that could realistically be projected as an earlier pick isn't punting this draft. It would be more about opening up several options and a move that the FO only really does if they don't get the sense the impact type of players will fall to 26. A higher pick in a deeper draft next year could be much more valuable as would the idea we could then be open to trading future draft picks if that move was made. I wouldn't necessarily chalk it up to chasing superstars, more to obtaining flexibility and potentially more value down the line.

It wouldn't break my heart to not pick at 26, I would just need to see the future potential in doing so. Looks like the Mavs FO is doing the same and gauging the market for such a move. Unfortunately, draft night likely brings the most value for a pick so late in the 1st round.
It wouldn't break my heart if we didn't desperately need a center. Like I would start basically any decent big in this draft over Powell. The current climate for getting one is one of the worst in years either through trades or FA. Holmes is the most realistic trade target, but again, such things are just theories until they actually happen. And FA has maybe Biyombo for what we can afford?

Powell has been on the team for 8 freakin' years. Every summer we think we're moving on from him only for that to not happen. Until we upgrade, I'm gonna be on about it because it's untenable.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote