View Single Post
Old 04-04-2017, 11:15 AM   #4
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobay View Post
what's got you down? just curious...
lots of player on DL to start the year but hopefully will be back soon especially Beltre

sure other teams have made some improvements but i'm expecting ongoing growth from our young guys and a full year of Darvish and Hamels at the top of the rotation should stabilize the rest of the staff
A few things really. We are going to be relying on the development of Profar and Mazara in particular but others who will be platooning positions don't do much for me. I love Napoli but I think Mitch will be missed, especially his vacuum glove at first for all those double plays. IIRC we have been pretty consistent at being one of the top double play teams and usually credit goes to Andrus, Beltre and Odor more than Mitch but I think he's going to be missed. The biggest thing though has been and always will be starting pitching for me. I'm not sure what all we have behind Yu and Cole yet, I'm optimistic but more of a wait and see approach, and those 2 really struggled in the playoffs last year. I also think our record last year might have been a bit flukey, we had one of the worst run differentials and I think it was by far the worst of all playoff teams and yet we had that great record.

I will say I think our back end of the bullpen is still really strong despite the loss last night. If our starters can just be solid for 6 we should be able to close out a lot of games I think. Our division looks very competitive too, I think our division could be one of the toughest.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote