View Single Post
Old 04-22-2018, 10:00 AM   #25
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

I think if the Magic offered 5th pick and we offered 3rd pick they'd take the 5th pick. Other teams could be willing to offer a top 10 pick this year plus a player plus a future pick. Desperate smaller market teams who need to win. I think anyone in the West would be held to a kings ransom. I wouldn't hate the trade but I wouldn't do it personally either. I think there is something to be said for the Spurs organization never having an issue with players and they are one of the more cautious teams I think.

And to be fair he has missed now 151 games out of his 7 years. 73 of them came this year but that is still almost 80 games missed in 6 years. And allegedly part of the Spurs frustration is that he never likes to play with any sort of bruise, sprain, discomfort etc. Idk if that is true or not but that in conjunction with not seeing him play in over a year at full strength and his weird stuff going on with the Spurs med staff(which has never had an issue with any player before to my knowledge) doesn't make him a sure fire superstar in a trade. I wouldn't play either if I'm not 100% feeling right and if the Spurs did misdiagnose me so I'm not sure what to make of that. But there is something to be said for an organization which is always tight lipped to be venting their frustrations the way the Spurs have been. So again, I wouldn't hate it but I wouldn't love it either. I'd love it more if we traded Barnes for something that fit better in the event that we had a deal in place for Kawhi.

Now if we trade for Kawhi and sign Cousins(I rly don't like Cousins but with Kawhi I'd want to go full steam with getting the most talent possible and the odds of getting him go up significantly with Kawhi) and trade Barnes in a SnT for Gordon or maybe I'd even go for Ibaka if he was paired with Cousins. DSJ SG Kawhi Gordon/Ibaka Cousins. That is a team that can prolly do some damage. Not sure if it's possible to keep Matthews with the salaries unless we can trade Powell and others to free up room, with Kawhi and Cousins I'd love to have Wes still here honestly if possible. If it's not possible maybe we go for someone like Reddick for short term or Barton(prolly too expensive) and to a lesser extent KCP depending on exceptions and shit. I promise no illegal drugs were used during/before this post.

Last edited by Bryan_Wilson; 04-22-2018 at 10:02 AM.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote