Thread: 2020 NBA Draft
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2020, 04:04 PM   #58
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
I think we are in a good position to get two solid contributors. Would be ok with them moving up a few spots for a player but I hope they don’t trade the picks for a vet. We will need young players on cheap contracts to compete or for trade purposes.

Players I would move up for if they drop to 14-15 range: Precious, Vassell and Patrick Williams. I’ll have to look more at Poku. I’ve become pretty enamoured of Precious lately. I have a feeling he will move up the board though. Too much athleticism and raw talent there.
I could see the Mavs aggressively moving up to get Vassell with both picks and maybe a future pick or two but I do think they'll dangle both picks for a proven veteran wing first.

I personally think the draft should be more about acquiring talent than focusing solely on need, especially for a young team like ours. Poku is too risky to take in the lotto but he is the type of player that teams picking in the back half of the 1st round should definitely consider taking a chance on. Poku isn't an immediate need but he is an excellent fit for our system which is something that should definitely be considered imo.

Last edited by rimrocker; 08-17-2020 at 04:06 PM.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote