View Single Post
Old 09-26-2020, 01:58 AM   #133
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerLeft View Post
I don't buy the Harden to Philly rumors. I think it's more likely that D'Antoni was trying to escape Harden, not just Houston.

Someone connected some dots for me today that have me wondering if CP3 lands in Philly, however.
I'm not buying the Harden to Philly rumors either. I just don't see the incentive for Houston. Even with all the playoff failures, Harden is still a superstar and (statistically at least) a top 5 player. I've always been of the opinion that you don't ever trade a superstar unless you have absolutely no choice- i.e. he wants out so bad that he demands a trade and forces his way out. Even if Harden wants out that bad- and I'm skeptical that's the case- it seems incredibly strange that the specific trade partner would be picked already. I'm also extremely skeptical that Harden would want to leave Houston specifically to play for D'antoni. If Harden really does want to be traded, then Houston will probably have no shortage of offers. They would be silly not to shop him around. He may say he wants to be traded to Philly (and again, I'm skeptical that's the case), but the Rockets are under no obligation whatsoever to grant him that wish.

I'm also operating on the assumption that any potential deal would be for Embiid rather than Simmons. And then, I don't know it makes a lot of sense for either team. I don't know that Harden and Simmons would be a much better fit than Embiid and Simmons. A little I suppose, just because the spacing would be better, but do you really want to pair your Magic Johnson prototype in Simmons with literally the most ball-dominant player ever? And if you're Houston, you're almost certainly stuck with Westbrook for another three years. Do you really want to build your team around a Westbrook/Embiid pairing? That seems a MUCH worse fit than Harden/Westbrook and Embiid/Simmons.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote