View Single Post
Old 09-25-2005, 03:45 AM   #22
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of
Default RE:100 - Tech's magic number?

Quote:
Originally posted by: dirno2000
Quote:
Nope. Arkanas football is an embarrassment and Houston Nutt will not be here next year (finally).
Doesn't seem that long ago when Nutt was considered to be one of the better college coaches in the nation. As recently as two years ago they beat Texas in Austin and had a pretty nice team. What happened and why have the Arkansas faithful turned on him?
I've never liked him. Never. His resume for getting that job was being a good salesmen to the BOT. The man was freaking 4-7 at Boise State the previous year before taking over at Arkansas. Boise State has won just about every game since he left. I could have lived with him up until that 2003 season. That team, after beating Texas, had a great shot at a BCS game. Then Nutthugger comes out and tries to revolutionize the offense and throw against Auburn when we've been running with gusto all year long (and ran, in small doses, well against Auburn). That was my absolute turning point...that game. Now the rest of the fans are turning on him.

I know most here won't believe it, but Arkansas could be an elite program with the right coach. The fan support, facilities, and money are all there. The next step? Butch Davis. It'll probably take >$2mill a year to get it done, but if that's what it takes...by all means do it.