View Single Post
Old 08-02-2006, 10:46 PM   #3
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Its still retarted and it would have still screwed someone last year, just not the mavs. Just see the top 8 teams according to record or the 3 division winners plus the 5 best other records but dont restrict the seeding of the division winners to the top 4. I can now see how the nba screws up, they are run by a bunch of retards. Denver tied for the 8th best record in the west last year, not the 4th. Applying the new rules to last year, the seeding would have been
1. Sa vs 8. Sacto
2. Dallas vs 7. LA Lakers
3. Phoenix Vs 6. Clippers
4. Denver Vs 5. Memphis(with homecourt.)
Now if they did it the way they should do it,
1. SA vs 8. Sacramento
2. Dallas Vs. 7. Denver
3. Phoenix vs 6. Lakers
4. Memphis vs. 5. Clippers.

It would end up the second way using either of my scenarios though i wish they would just go with the 8 best records but at most they should only let you be in the playoffs for winning a crappy division, not screw a better team out of a better seed. I know some of you would say, well they still dont get home court if the other team has a better record but the problem is it changes matchups. In this particular scenario, the LA teams and not the mavs would be the team to get screwed as the lakers would get dallas instead of phoenix and the clips would get Phoenix instead of memphis. Obviously i care less about those teams so it would bother me less but it just amazes me that people dont see this crap coming because i guarantee you its coming again just like i saw it coming last year and the year before(dallas had a better record than the midwest winner that year too).
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote