View Single Post
Old 12-22-2011, 04:39 PM   #88
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by endrity View Post
Even if they did trade them, why would Dwight commit his long term future there??? What, you are telling me he's drooling over the idea of playing with a 34 year old guard who can't drive on anyone anymore???

And from the Magic's perspective it's either get some real pieces and rebuild on the fly or blow it up and start from scratch again. Mediocrity is the worst position to be in the NBA. And nothing other than Pau and Bynum would guarantee something of almost equal value.

However I think Simmons is right here. Chicago is probably the one who could change this whole thing around. They've got the pieces to trade, they've got the young star to pair with Dwight, and he'd be playing in the third biggest market, but one that is not shared by two teams (unlike LA and NY). I guess from the Bulls perspective they are a bit uneasy at breaking a team which is young and got to 60+ wins in their first season with the current coach and this core of players. But if I am the Bulls FO I am all in for this trade.

However, if the Bulls don't trade they don't have the cap space to sign him in the summer, and then I think with Dirk, new but soft contracts for Terry and Kidd, and hopefully a good season from Roddy, we might represent the best destination for Dwight.
Dwight basically has said he will only sign an extension in 3 places: NJ, Dallas, and with the Lakers. Its kind of weird that for whatever reason he wouldn't sign an extension with the bulls, but he wouldn't from all signs. I think why he would with the Lakers is its a huge market, and he realizes he would be the face of the franchise when Kobe leaves. In fact there have been some talk that he maynot be interested so much in Chicago cause he wants to be the face of future of the franchise whereever he lands. He would be that in Dallas, NJ, and with the Lakers.