View Single Post
Old 12-23-2011, 10:22 PM   #105
endrity
Platinum Member

endrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
Being the "face of the franchise" in Orlando is not the same as being the same in LA, Brooklyn, or even Dallas.
But my point is that he'll be that anywhere, except Miami. Rose might be the hometown star in Chicago but after playing there for a bit people would easily understand Howard is the much better player.

So I don't think there is some special information to be gotten at by trying to understand where he'll be the face of the franchise. The real question is where can he win, and possibly increase his earning by playing in a big tv market.

Take the Knicks off the list, take the Clippers as well now, I don't think Lakers are a great team with just him and Kobe, Dallas with Dirk would be very good, Chicago with Rose would be awesome, better than him and Deron. The other big markets, Philly has nothing to offer, same for Washington and Houston.

So if he goes to FA it's between us and the Nets I think, and I like our chances. If one team can trade for him it's Chicago.

The crazy scenario would be an LBJ for Dwight trade, or Wade+Bosh trade. While the Heat might not want to blow up the core just yet, those two trades would make both teams think seriously about the idea.
endrity is offline   Reply With Quote