View Single Post
Old 01-06-2003, 11:46 AM   #77
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

<< You seem to want to blame Nelson if the shots aren't falling. These opponents are NBA teams, with NBA players. In the playoffs, the non-playoff teams are eliminated. In theory, the best NBA teams are playing. Are these other teams playing any defense? If the other team out-plays the Mavs do they get credit for that or is it the only way the Mavs can lose is if the Mavs(read Nelson)fail? >>

Read my post again. I wouldn´t blame Nellie if the shots weren`t falling. It happens. But I would blame Nellie for playing a style of ball which relys heavily on the jumpshot. It´s not necessary. The team has got enough talent to be a little more versatile on offense IMO (inside out).

<< The Mavs hired Nelson to coach his way. If Mark doesn't like the job Nelson is doing, he ought to fire him. If he doesn't fire him, he ought to get out of the way and let him coach HIS way. The regular season record says Nelson is doing better than any team in the league. Not to say the Mavs have the best team, just the best regular season record.

NBA history shows that teams rarely win the whole thing the first time they make the playoffs. It seems that the teams tend to have teams that get in their way and then a team either overcomes the teams they need to hurdle or they go back in the pack.
>>

Why are teams able to take that last step? Is it only a question of time, expirience? No, they learn from mistakes, they do adjust their game. Mavs did that with their D, but their should also be some changes in the offensive gameplan in order to be successfull in the playoffs. I haven´t seen much of that.

<< How about a PF? Isn't that Dirk's position? Let's play Dirk in the post. Isn't he the best 3 point shooter the Mavs have? >>

So he should be standing at the 3 point line all game?

<< How about Dirk getting the ball everytime down the court on offense? >>

Good idea. I´ve heard that before somewhere.

<< Can the Mavs get away with that? Won't the other team double Dirk and play the passing lanes? Old arguments. >>

Not only old, but in this case very weak.

<< You'll have to tell me more about the Mavs practices because I've never been to any. You know for a fact that Nelson doesn't have his players work on their game. That's interesting. >>

Now you sound like an ass. I´m talkin about what I see in the games, like anyone else here. If they do work on the things I mentioned it doesn´t show in the games. The only thing Nellie was forced to change is playing a little less small ball, cause Bradley plays so well and because of injuries.
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote