View Single Post
Old 03-15-2007, 09:02 PM   #112
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Doc...I'd like to see a link showing the rising number of floods, storms, droughts. I would like to see that correlated with prior numbers, making sure that newer reporting mechanisms aren't just finding more.

I tried to find one here:
http://www.realclimate.org/index.php?p=140
but looking at the report they use for their data here:
http://www.aoml.noaa.gov/hrd/hurdat/
I continue to get conflicting hypothesis. The NOAA for example stated:
Quote:
3. Cycles of hurricane activity: These records reflect the existence of cycles of hurricane activity, rather than trends toward more frequent or stronger hurricanes. In general, the period of the 1850s to the mid-1860s was quiet, the late 1860s through the 1890s were busy and the first decade of the 1900s were quiet. (There were five hurricane seasons with at least 10 hurricanes per year in the active period of the late 1860s to the 1890s and none in the quiet periods.) Earlier work had linked these cycles of busy and quiet hurricane period in the 20th Century to natural changes in Atlantic Ocean temperatures.
If you are going to argue this stuff, I would refrain from throwing in fud that isn't settled. It's bad enough that I don't believe a consensus has been reached with respect to global warming being mainly attributable to mankind, without trying to use more data to confuse the issue.

Stick with the temperature, if that doesn't pan out then everything else looks like bunk.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote