View Single Post
Old 07-19-2011, 11:33 AM   #1
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Roku Player Discussions

I just purchased one of these guys after signing up for Amazon Prime and realizing I got streaming movies, just wondered if anyone else has tried it and how they like it.

Why?

1. I didn't want to purchase a new laptop, mine just didn't have enough horsepower to keep up.
2. I didn't want to get stuck with a blu-ray player that did/did not support whatever I wanted to support later.
3. It supported netflix, amazon prime and huluplus.. -- I cut the cable as part of the experiment and put up an antenna.
4. It actually seemed to have a pretty active private channel community and selection -- Crackle, Khan Academy, Classes from colleges, etc.

Cons:
A whole lot of non-copyrighted junk as well. Many,many b-grade movies and junk.
I have to replace my DVR that I had with cable!

So far it really works well, has a remote from my iphone/ipad, the streaming quality is really good and they have HGTV which is the only show my wife ever watched anyway.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote