Old 08-05-2003, 08:54 PM   #47
Fah Q
Golden Member

Fah Q is on a distinguished road
Default Vladimir Stepania

Quote:
Originally posted by: Bayliss
Quote:
Why do we consider Raef and Bradley or even Esch not the centers that are going to save the Mavs? They are all considered soft. Why? Because they don't bang. When you talk about centerse you talk about a guy who can pass out of the post to guys like Dirk or Nash or Fin. This team can benefit so much out of that. Stepania doesn't fit that role. He rebounds well. Popeye rebounded well and the Mavs did not benefit from him. Stepania just another Bradley and Raef that can board. Matter of fact Stepania isn't even as good as Bradley and Raef he just does one thing they don't do very well and thats rebound.
Step is a much better banger than Raef or Bradley. He will throw his body around to go after the ball. Can you say the same about Raef or Bradley? Has Raefdley ever thrown his body around?

And Stepania might not ever be a superstar. But he does give us a better post defensive option than Raef and Bradley... and he does help with rebounding. Something that Raef cannot do... and something that Bradley can do against weaker competition.

Bayliss I'm sold (I was already sold). Lets get him. Trouble is that the Mavs seem to have the same thinking(being cheap) as MikeinRowlett.