View Single Post
Old 09-03-2005, 01:56 AM   #19
Misfit Mav

Misfit Mav will become famous soon enough
Default RE:Yao Ming gets max deal from Rockets (ESPN)

Quote:
Originally posted by: chumdawg
If Kwame is twice the player he is supposed to be, they will giddy to max him out at the same time they max out a free agent signee.
If they max out Kwame they will not be able to sign another free agent. Kobe and Lamar Odom are one the books in '07 for $32 million.

Quote:
Yao is off the blocks. Who else besides Dirk?
They are expect to pursue LeBron James. Amare may be a free agent as well.

Quote:
Listen, you know (or you should know) that I have my finger on the pulse when it comes to the Mavericks. As of this day, I put it at 35% that Dirk signs with the Lakers in two summers. That's a scary high percentage.
How on earth did you come up with that percentage? Have you ever heard Dirk express any interest in LA? Are you not expecting Cuban to offer him the max?
When asked after the Dallas Mavericks impressive game 3 win over the Sacramento Kings whether he thought the Mavs won because they played well or because the Kings played poorly, Nelson responded that it was hard to tell, much like a thermos. "How do it know?" queried the ever eccentric Nelson. When you put something hot in it, it stays hot. When you put something cold in it, it stays cold. "How do it know?"
Misfit Mav is offline   Reply With Quote