View Single Post
Old 07-03-2012, 08:10 PM   #99
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof View Post
I knew money and living in NYC couldn't be discounted. For all the people knocking Cuban's record, the record is NY/LA/Miami and maybe Chicago vs the rest of the nation aka the field. Those four attract. The others lose. That's the facts. Getting the modern superstar to live outside those places is very close to impossible. Best you can do is homegrow and keep them home (OKC).

With that, while I like the likes of Dragic and Illyasova, short of a Dwight trade, we aren't contending for the rest of Dirk's contract. We have the looks of a 35 win team next year at the moment - sort of like last year's Blazers (a good PF and SF in Aldridge and Wallace, that's it). Do we think we can convince CP3 to leave LA for less money? Less likely than Deron, I think. No hometown angle, Dirk is a year older and Blake is a real superstar. Who else is up next year? Dirk only has two years left on his deal anyways.

Go for fun. Sign Nash!! We'd be bounced in round two but it would make for a fun ride and exit for Dirk. If they DID win, it'd be even sweeter than Deron winning it here.
I agree, it is very difficult for the Dallas to compete with the coasts. The spurs have shown us how to do it I believe. I'm not sure whether our owner can be as patient as it is required however. He always seems to think he's the smartest guy in the room.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote