View Single Post
Old 05-03-2019, 04:25 PM   #669
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
The Raptors are my team in the East, and I was hoping they'd trade for another bench scorer with some size ala Lou Williams before the deadline. Ironically, they may have had a decent enough facsimile if they had kept Delon Wright and given the Grizz FVV (don't know for sure that was an option) who has been singularly ineffective.

Maybe they could've packaged OG and some picks? James Ennis was basically given away to Philly. But then they would be thin on the wing and if Kawhi leaves be bereft of young talent.

I liked the Gasol trade at the time but he is so out of sorts offensively, he's used to being option 1 or 1A for the last decade +.

I love Masai but seems he didn't quite go ALL in. He hedged by not using every chip (assuming Siakam is untouchable).

I wonder if he tried throwing JV, FVV, OG and future 1sts at NO for Jrue Holiday(though this probably wouldn't be enough). And then try buyout and/or modest trades for a second and third big next to Ibaka instead of Gasol. It was rumored that Mirotic was their first choice.
Gasol is basically Andrew Bogut now. They are slow, smart veterans that you like to make a few good defensive plays on a championship team. He has all but erased getting a decent contract this summer.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote