View Single Post
Old 01-11-2021, 03:03 PM   #21
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
That is, if players are even willing to. 60-65 games means a LONG bubble. I'd imagine a lot of players will just opt out of being locked in a hotel away from family and friends for 6 months.
This is the key right here. I don't think there is any appetite among the players to do another bubble, let alone for a far longer time than the first one. They had to move heaven and earth to make the bubble happen last season, and that's when the players actually wanted to do it.

I agree that there doesn't seem to be a good answer to this problem. If I were to guess right now, I think the players and the league are just going to try to gut out this season as is. Dealing with the positive tests as they come and postponing games when necessary, and simply hoping for the best.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote