Thread: Jeremy Lin....
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2012, 12:34 AM   #484
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
Yes, because random fans on Twitter hold more credence than USA Today...

You stated that you have not seen anyone saying anything of this nature as though that makes it so. It's not.

I'm not saying *you* agree with them. Heck, I don't even oppose your position on Lin. I'm just saying that there *are* people that are jumping the gun on Lin. More than you'd think. Thus my cry for more objectivity in general concerning Lin.
You love to pick one small part of a post and argue against that. Always a sign of a master debater...

I follow sports and NBA writers, anchors, TV personalities. My inclusion of fans was simply to point out that even the average Joes I follow (friends, dm.com posters, etc) aren't sensationalizing Lin either.

Of course people exist that are overrrating Lin. With any polarizing event, there are people on both extremes of the spectrum.

My original point was about this board, then I expanded to ESPN and then to other personalities whose opinions are actually respected. Some random local CBS writer? Some USA TODAY writer? Not respected.