View Single Post
Old 03-21-2006, 01:26 PM   #1
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future
Lightbulb What's the deal with...

I keep reading about how talented Darius Miles is (he has gotten more press than superior players such as Jason Richardson or Ricky Davis). Al Harrington was a 'big' free agent pick-up for the Hawks and was supposed to breakout in Atlanta after being stuck behind J.O. in Indiana (his numbers are up but not mind-blowing). What happened to the superstardom these guys promised? Maybe it's the teams/markets they play on/in? Maybe they just don't have 'heart'? This has always been something that puzzled me - because these players are not prospects who just fizzled out (a la Kwame Brown, Marcus Fizer). They have played in the league for a number of years (and people still talk about their tantalizing talent), yet they have failed to make an impact (at least on par with expectations).

Please share your thoughts on how good these guys really are. Also, if you can think of any other players who had the makings of being an impact player after a couple of years but instead just, kinda stopped getting better - please bring them up (off the top of my head, players like Kenyon Martin, Bobby Simmons, Bonzi Wells, Quentin Richardson).
orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote