View Single Post
Old 11-18-2009, 02:12 AM   #2
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

As much as I have ragged on Terry--and brutha, I have ragged on Terry--he's a hard personality not to like. I still think he's "fake tough" when he tries to be tough, but that's probably immaterial. I do believe that he genuinely tries to do whatever he is told to do, and that's what matters.

When it comes to defense, I don't think size or even skill matters a whole lot relatively. It's all about two things: A) want to, and B) know how. If defense is important to you as a guard, and you know how to do it, you will fill passing lanes and change angles for penetrators and sometimes take a charge. It's the reason guys like JJB and Nash can stay on the court. You can play defense with your mind as well as you can with your body. If Terry can do it, he is all the more valuable a player.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote