View Single Post
Old 11-18-2009, 10:36 AM   #6
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by left texas View Post
Jet has always been a crowd favorite, with his jet takeoff getting the crowd going. Great to see him trying to elevate his total game.

There is something about the team this year that is hard for me put my finger on, but it sure does seem that this a TEAM. We will of course have some dips and valleys this season, but I think this will be a very surprising year not just for some of the fans, but to a lot of outsiders.
It does seem that way and I think because it was a pretty decent turnover of old holdouts and a recommittment it appears to me to actually TRY to win a championship versus paying it lip service. The last few years they were still living on the fantasy that the 67 win team would show up one day and be better, instead of proactively making the team better.

Also the addition of athleticism to this team cannot be overlooked. Roddy, Shawn, Drew, QRoss, Humphries are a much more athletic, young energetic bunch than before.

Lastly RCarlisle is firmly ensconced here and the learning time is over. He is focused on the right things and focused in an intelligent manner, not in a psychotic screaming manner. He lets his assistants run the defense and offense...wow...what a concept... Something the littlest Napoleon could never do.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote