View Single Post
Old 03-30-2014, 10:24 AM   #347
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
I wonder how much the East-West disparity affects free agency these days? I mean, superstars gotta see that the East is the quicker, easier path to the Finals... You've got a two-horse race between Indy and Miami this season, with a bunch of lottery-quality teams lining up to get slaughtered in the first round (remember, their W-L records are even more inflated since they mostly get to play crappy EC teams.)

In the West, you're going to have teams MISS the playoffs who could likely give the Pacers or Heat a run for their money in the ECF... It's a mess.
Time will tell. In theory, Brooklyn and the Knicks should be able to be competitive. Chicago is a major market. And there's Boston with its rich and proud history, so I would assume this year is just a very bad outlier. But I wouldn't rule out a general trend as well. As ESS noted correctly, teams that should get and would need a lottery pick don't receive one in the current system.

The superstar thing it sure intriguing, right now it looks super-easy to form the third best team or so.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote