View Single Post
Old 12-17-2004, 05:26 PM   #16
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Timeout: Mavs need chance to rebound

Quote:
"There is no excuse," Nowitzki said. "Once I step out onto the floor, I have to be good."

Nowitzki fell to second in the league in scoring behind Los Angeles Lakers guard Kobe Bryant. Nowitzki is averaging 26.5 points, while Bryant is averaging 27.1.

Mavs coach Don Nelson is amazed Nowitzki is even playing. Nowitzki took a hard fall on his back Dec. 9 against Seattle, but hasn't missed a game.

"Dirk is all beat up ever since he had that fall," Nelson said. "I don't know how he played in Houston [on Saturday]. He's had a tough go of it. I really appreciate and respect the fact that he's out there giving what he has, which is not a whole lot right now."
That is why I feel Dirk Nowitzki is a lader for this team without saying a word. The best player on the team... not 100%, refuses to take a game or two off, and has been playing just like everyone else. And even while he hasn't been playing well, he still wants to be held to to the same standards as everyone else.

Would you rather Dirk be more like Bird/Jordan/Isiah who routinely played through ailments just to be on the court. Or would you rather him be like Vince who sits out every game unless he's "100%". I'll take the former, and play through it.

As the saying goes... you can play hurt, but not injured. Dirk's hurt.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote